Shawn Corey Carter a.k.a. Jay-Z, is an American successful rapper, entrepreneur, and investor. He was born in New York and studied at Eli Whitney High School. He has become one of the best selling musicians of all time, after having sold more than 100 million records, and received 22 Grammy awards for his work.
|Net Worth:||$1 Billion (est.)|
|Born:||December 4, 1969|
|Country of Origin:||United States of America|
|Source of Wealth:||Rapper/Entrepreneur|
As of 2019-2020, Jay-Z’s net worth is estimated at $1 billion which makes him the richest rapper of all time and the very first billionaire in the hip hop industry.
|Billboard Music Awards||3|
|American Music Awards||3|
|MTV Video Music Awards||7|
Not living on a single source of income, Jay-Z didn’t let the music be the be-all and end-all of his career. He invested in nightclubs, restaurants, started his own clothing line, and most successful record label.
“Successful people have a bigger fear of failure than people who’ve never done anything because if you haven’t been successful, then you don’t know how it feels to lose it all.” – Jay-Z
FORBES UPDATES in 2020
Jay-Z And Rihanna’s Foundations Each Donate $1 Million To Coronavirus Relief
Rihanna’s Clara Lionel Foundation (CLF) and JAY-Z’s Shawn Carter Foundation (SCF) each donated $1 million to COVID-19 response efforts.
Mar 31, 2020
By Lauren Alvarez | Forbes Contributor
Jay-Z Unveils Unreleased Version Of “Holy Grail” Featuring The-Dream On Tidal
The-Dream played an unreleased version of JAY-Z’s “Holy Grail” featuring himself, and now, Hov has released the full version on Tidal.
Mar 30, 2020
By Lauren Alvarez | Forbes Contributor
Jay-Z Teams With NFL Stars And Kevin Hart To Invest In Hungry’s $20 Million Series B
Billionaire rapper Jay-Z doubles down on a four-year-old startup targeting the $65 billion events catering market, Forbes can exclusively report.
Mar 30, 2020
By Zack O’Malley Greenburg | Forbes Staff
Jay-Z’s Venture Fund Raises $85 Million For Cultural Investments
Jay-Z’s got 99 problems but a new venture fund ain’t one since he’s raised a ton of cash. The rapper and business mogul’s Marcy Venture Partners (MVP) was able to create an $85 million fund to invest in consumer-focused startups.
Mar 3, 2020
By Kori Hale | Forbes Contributor
“I’m far from being god, but I work god damn hard.” – Jay-Z
Jay-Z was born on the 4th December 1969 in Brooklyn, New York, United States.
JayZ’s father abandoned his family, he was raised by his mother Gloria in Brooklyn’s Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood in a housing project Marcy Houses.
He got his first boom box on his birthday given by Gloria. This boom box initiated a music spark and later amplified to begin freestyling and writing lyrics. Shawn adopted the name ‘Jay-Z’ to honor his mentor ‘Jay-O’.
Jay-Z sold his records by hook and rook approach. He was selling it out of the trunk of his car. He had no record deal and was unsigned.
He founded his own record label ‘Roc-A-Fella’ records with Damon Dash and Kareem Biggs. ‘Reasonable Doubt’ was released in 1996 which was his debut album. That initiative of creating his own record label, as a result, he has the record of most number one albums by a solo artist on the US Billboard 200 with 14 and he also had four #1’s on the Billboard Hot 100.
How much is Beyonce & Jay-Z’s combined net worth?
As of 2020, Jay-Z’s net worth is $1 billion, and Beyonce’s net worth is $500 million, which gives the couple a combined net worth of $1.5 billion dollars.
“I think relationships are broken up because of the media.” – Jay-Z
Jay-Z is a very family-oriented person and keeps his private life protective. Relation with superstar, singer and actress Beyoncé, he kept it secret for a while. Even on 4th April 2008, the wedding day in New York City they managed to keep the press away from the event and the event was so precise of only 40 people.
- Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist, American Music Awards (2004, 2009)
- Best Male Hip-Hop Artist, BET Awards (2001, 2004)
- Video of the Year, BET Awards (Otis, 2012)
- Hustler of the Year, BET Hip-Hop Awards (2009, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Lyricist of the Year, BET Hip-Hop Awards (2009)
- MVP of the Year, BET Hip-Hop Awards (2009)
- Rap Artist of the Year, Billboard Music Awards (1999)
- Best International Male Solo Artist, BRIT Awards (2010)
- Best Rap Solo Performance, Grammy Awards (99 Problems, 2005)
“I would run into the corner store, the bodega, and just grab a paper bag or buy juice – anything just to get a paper bag. And I’d write the words on the paper bag and stuff these ideas in my pocket until I got back. Then I would transfer them into the notebook.” – Jay-Z
Random questions about Jay-Z
- What is Jay-Z’s net worth?
- Who’s better, Lil Wayne or Jay Z?
- Is Jay-Z a billionaire?
- What is Jay-Z’s net worth in 2020?
- Is Jay-Z really worth a billion or is it an estimate?
- How did Jay-Z get a net worth over $1 Billion?
- How come Nas never became as rich as Jay-Z?
- How rich are rappers like Dr. Dre, Eminem and Jayz?
- Who has more money, Jay Z or Beyoncé?
- How to get the detailed information regarding Jay-Z’s net worth?
- Who is the richest hip hop star?
- Who got famous first: Jay Z or Beyoncé?
- Who are the wealthiest rappers of all time?
- Why is Eminem not as rich as Jay-Z?
- What is so great about Jay-Z?
- Why is Jay-Z a legend in rap?
- Who’s worth more money Jay Z or Puff Daddy?
- How intelligent is Jay-Z?
- How did Jay Z make a billion? What did he do?
- Do Jay-Z and Beyonce have a joint bank account?
- Who is the richest rapper in 2019?
- Why is Jay Z called Jay Z?
- Does Jay Z still own Rocawear?
- Who is the richest musician in the USA?
- What are the best Jay-Z lyrics?
- What business lessons can be learned from Jay-Z?
Random searches about Jay-Z
- Artist, Icon, Billionaire: How Jay-Z Created His $1 Billion Fortune
- Jay-Z is officially hip-hop’s first billionaire, according to Forbes
- Jay-Z Net Worth
- Forbes: Jay-Z is now hip-hop’s first billionaire
- Jay-Z’s Net Worth in 2020
- Jay-Z Definition
- Jay-Z becomes hip-hop′s first billionaire | News | DW
- Jay-Z Net Worth: How Beyonce’s Husband Made $1 Billion
- Jay Z is now a Billionaire: Here’s how he got there
- Jay-Z’s net worth makes him the first billionaire rapper