Gibb and the ‘Bee Gees’ began their successful careers in Australia.
Throughout his career with ‘Bee Gees’, They were nominated for 16 Grammys and won 9. On April 16, 2017, Barry Gibb was honored with a special Grammy tribute show that celebrated the music of the ‘Bee Gees’.
We’ve put together this collection of the best Barry Gibb quotes:
30 Greatest Barry Gibb Quotes
1. “I don’t ever wish I was somebody else.” – Barry Gibb
2. “I like blues but it is music I am too ignorant to understand.” – Barry Gibb
3. “I’m the eldest at 51, and if the Stones can drag themselves around once more, then there’s a few more albums in us.” – Barry Gibb
4. “It’s very questionable, and we will pursue every factor, every element, every second of the timeline, of the final hours of Maurice’s life. We will pursue that relentlessly. That will be our quest from now on.” – Barry Gibb
5. “Sure I’m leaving the Bee Gees. I’m going into films.” – Barry Gibb
6. “When you are in your 20’s and 30’s, you just want a hit record and you don’t really care how it happens.” – Barry Gibb
7th of 30 Barry Gibb Quotes
“He was the average guy. Maurice, I think, reflected every man.” – Barry Gibb
8. “I just love the feeling a close family gives you and I wouldn’t change it for anything.” – Barry Gibb
9. “I would be content if I had nothing but a tape-recorder. I could still write songs and record them.” – Barry Gibb
10. “It was great being together as a band, but much more difficult being brothers than it was being in a band.” – Barry Gibb
11. “Our parents came home one day and heard us, and they thought it was the radio, but our grandfather told them it was us.” – Barry Gibb
12. “We were very influenced by The Beatles, no question.” – Barry Gibb
13. “By going solo I could lose a fortune but money is not important.” – Barry Gibb
14. “I have a little dictaphone and if a sound takes my fancy or if a lyric comes to me in the middle of the night I’ll just record it there and then.” – Barry Gibb
15. “I will always have my songs and I don’t think I will ever dry-up.” – Barry Gibb
16. “It is not the money but the self-respect and wanting to create good music.” – Barry Gibb
17th of 30 Barry Gibb Quotes
“Now there is a new group every week; it seems like everybody and anybody can get into the charts.” – Barry Gibb
18. “We enjoy change and freshness, and disco was only one area we’ve delved into.” – Barry Gibb
19. “But all bubbles have a way of bursting or being deflated in the end.” – Barry Gibb
20. “I have a huge ego and a huge inferiority complex at the same time.” – Barry Gibb
21. “I think they are grooming me as another Gary Cooper.” – Barry Gibb
22. “It is commercial pop that the majority of people understand. A working man’s daughter would not understand blues.” – Barry Gibb
23. “My music, certainly, has never embarrassed me.” – Barry Gibb
24. “The secret is to make sure your family comes before anything else because no matter what you do you’ve got to come home.” – Barry Gibb
25. “As long as you’re having fun, that’s the key. The moment it becomes a grind, it’s over.” – Barry Gibb
26. “I don’t want to live on past records.” – Barry Gibb
27 of 30 Barry Gibb Quotes
“I love making records; I love making music; I love writing songs.” – Barry Gibb
28. “I’ve worked with a lot of people who are more famous than myself who are terribly insecure.” – Barry Gibb
29. “Maurice would prance into a room, you know, and his presence was immediate.” – Barry Gibb
30. “The Bee Gees no longer exist.” – Barry Gibb
Thanks for checking out this collection of quotes from Barry Gibb! Don’t forget to share them on social media with your friends and family.
Which are your favorite Barry Gibb quotes? Leave a comment below.
We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us!